We are looking for a reliable and precise professional to help us properly maintain our payable information. The Accounts Payable Specialist completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can assign invoices to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors within the construction industry.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Responsible for payroll
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel, Word, Quickbooks and Internal software programs
- Familiarity with Accounting Software. Viewpoint preferred, however, not required
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational ability and a self-starter
- Ability to follow standard filing procedures
- Excellent attention to detail, professional attitude, reliable
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlinesTo ensure safety for our employees we provide face masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow learn knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Qualifications: To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials, 3) machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
Education and/or Experience
- Three years related experience (journeymen certification preferred)
- High school diploma or GED required
Language: Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to accurately read precision measurement systems.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Email cover letter, resume and expected wage range to: (Call the office for email address) – 314-567-3100
To ensure safety for our employees we provide face masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines.