Reports To: Manufacturing Supervisor/Maching Team Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Rev Date: Rev 10/26/2020
Summary: Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates manually controlled machines in skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include the following, however, other duties may apply.)
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics and composites
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
- Ability to track parts and jobs into the Statii system. Ability to select proper materials called out on blueprints or in bill of material/Statii system.
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions. Adjusts spool and feed rates of machine for proper cutting of material.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow learn knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Qualifications: To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a general knowledge of 1) estimating time and materials for machine jobs, 2) metals and the quality and machinability and uses of metals, alloys and other materials, 3) machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, 4) design techniques, tools and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans and drawings.
Education and/or Experience
- Three years related experience (journeymen certification preferred)
- High school diploma or GED required
Language: Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written in the English language. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful manner.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to accurately read precision measurement systems.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 50 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Email cover letter, resume and expected wage range to: (Call the office for email address) – 314-567-3100
To ensure safety for our employees we provide face masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines.